Sunday, February 1, 2009

Skiing with Uncle Chris, Nannie and Poppy

My parents are awesome! They are just hands down, super awesome grandparents to my kids. Sometimes I find myself watching my mom interact with my kids and almost feel jealous of the patience she can show them and the time she gives them. She does activities with my kids that I want to do, hope to do, and plan to do... but somehow don't seem to do.
On Saturday, while I was working Arbonne and Nick was stuck home with the babe, my parents met up with Chris at Garrett Hill Lodge for some winter fun. The plan was to have lunch together, try out snowshoeing (which we all expected would last only a couple minutes) and then visit for a bit before everyone headed home. Well, the girls saw the cc skis and wanted to try the fun. From what I heard, my brother had patience of steel and taught them to cross county ski! Natalie LOVED it and is so proud that she gave it a shot. My mom was there the whole time cheering them on and taking pictures so that I could feel like I was right along with them. Here are some of the highlights.

Uncle Chris and my goofball (otherwise known as Sadie).
My girls with their very favorite Uncle. My mom told me that Sadie is holding up her ski in this picture because she wanted to be sure that we would all know that she was skiing!

Natalie.
Sadie having lots of fun.
Living in the northeast, winter is long. VERY long. I know that we, as a family, have to find some winter activity that we like doing. Currently, we get through winter just waiting for it to be over... but that gets long and old. It is still very hard to plan any big outing, as when will Colin need to nap, how many bags to I need to pack, will it be a success or a fight. However, this adventure with Nannie and Poppy gave me hope that soon we will be able to do this together. Winter fun!




No comments: