Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sadie's 1st Day of Pre-School

Today was Sadie's 1st day of pre-school at the YMCA.
I wasn't sure how it was going to go... all summer long (well really since Colin has been born), Sadie has been weary about any activity that has to do with leaving me. She has been telling me that she wasn't going to be going to preschool and hadn't seemed that excited about it. With Natalie starting school last week, she definitely got more interested in preschool, but I still wasn't sure how it was going to go. As always, Sadie continues to surprise me...
Today, as part of the 1st day, the parents go with the children to the classroom and stay for the entire time and then on Thursday, just they children will go.
This morning, she walked into our room around 6:15am and before we or her had time to say good morning, she announced, "Mom, I changed my mind. I don't want you to come with me to school today." I told her that today the mom's get to go, it is Thursday when she will go all by herself. She thought about that for a minute and then replied, "but Mom, I really want some alone time."
Isn't she a hoot!
Here is our preschooler all ready to go! She was so excited and proud!
This was taken right in front of the school. She was still very excited, but by this point was glad (again) that I was with her.
Once in the classroom, she did great! She kept checking in with me, but was more independent that I than I had expected. I think she is set to go on Thursday!

No comments: