Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our 8th Anniversary

Eight wonderful years as Mr. and Mrs. Giumarra.
Every Anniversary, I have put on my wedding dress and Nick and I have danced to our wedding song, "When you say Nothing at All" by Allison Kraus. Some years, the dress would zip and some years it wouldn't (This was a zip year!), but it has always been fun and something I look forward to. As our family has grown, the girls have been part of this tradition and think it is super fun to look at me in the dress and be part of our dance.
This year, our COMPLETE family all joined in for the dance.
After being at my cousin's wedding a couple weeks ago, I felt inspired that we should write our OWN vows to one another.... so I asked Nick that for our anniversary, we should write and share personal and written vows to one another. For Nick, I wrote and shared....
For your wit, For your smile, for your love and laughter... I love you.
For the husband, for the father, for the carpenter and caregiver...I love you.
For being my partner, my lover, my friend... I love you.
For before, for now and for forever...I love you.
Nick decided to go with the theme from our wedding song and Say Nothing at All....

No comments: