Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Colin is 5 months!

Our little baby isn't looking so little anymore!
Colin is now 5 months old and it has been a big month for him (and me too!)
This past month, Colin started daycare and I have been back to work. It has been going ok... some busy mornings and crazy evenings, but overall it has been better than I was expecting. In the midst of my 1st week back at work, we learned that Colin is allergic to milk and he dealt with a horrible rash. The rash has finally cleared and I am trying to go dairy free to see if that helps him stay clear. I was going to start food with him this past month, but now with the milk allergy, he will probably get to try food out at some point this month.
He is full of smiles and his bottom 2 teeth are just days away. It will be so fun to see his smile with little, itty bitty teeth peeking through. He is really working hard at rolling over and just hasn't gotten it yet. I am sure it will be not long off before he is a moving!
With me back at work, Colin sleeping pattern has not been so great. He is waking up between 2-4am full of smiles and love, but not wanting to go back to sleep. The past couple of nights, I have ended up feeding him. I have such mom guilt about it... I don't want to get in the habit of midnight snacks and so want to encourage him to be sleeping through the night, but on the other hand, feeding him is just so easy and he can't be with me during the day... the least I can do is give him some cuddles. Maybe he needs the time with me, maybe he is hungry or maybe he is just being a baby? Does anyone have the right answer?
So, here's to another wonderful month of health and happiness!

No comments: