Thursday, July 31, 2008

Big Brother Chris...

... or as he is more commonly known in our house, Uncle C! I just wanted to take a minute to write about how awesome I think he is. My brother has been away in New Zealand and Fiji for the past month (poor guy, huh!) and he is finally due back home tomorrow. We have all missed him a lot and are excited to spend some summer days with him soon. Chris and I grew up with the typical sibling squabbles, but ever since we have no longer lived together... we have gotten along really well. I love how he lets me be so real with him and we have fun laughing together. He is a super, duper uncle and my kids love him! On top of that, he is a truly incredible artist... particularly with photography (he might be famous one day if he gets around to selling some of his photos!) His past year has been filled with some ups and downs, but things are really working themselves out for Chris and I am just so excited for all that is to come for him. You know when you feel so proud of someone, you just want to squeeze 'em! That is how I feel about Chris and his latest accomplishments. He recently got a new job as the Art Department Chair for the school he has been working at for the past 10 or so years and he will be closing on his first home on Monday! I feel like Chris is starting on a new chapter in his life and we are so excited to be part of it and see all that is to come!
Here is a picture of Chris with my parents dog, Dacks. Isn't he handsome?!(Chris, not the dog!)

No comments: