Sunday, July 20, 2008

2nd Annual Camping Weekend

This past weekend was our 2nd Annual Camping Weekend with friends. It was a great success and great fun for the kids and grown ups too! It is definitely a lot of work to pack up for camping for a family and requires lots of organization, but the girls had such an awesome time that it was worth it all! We were camping with our friends... the Kennedy's, the Colucciello's and the Alderman-Yonkins. All these families have kids the same age (or there about) as our kids and they have all grown up together and can have such fun together.
Below is a picture of our girls and Caroline Kennedy. Colin and I were day-trip campers. Thankfully, the campsite was only 11 minutes from home and Colin and I both came back to the house each night. I just wasn't sure how to deal with middle of the night eating while camping and sharing a tent. It worked out nice for me too since it was a super hot this weekend - I was glad to come back to a cool house! During the day, it was easier to have Colin around than I had expected. He did a great job hanging out/ sleeping in his stroller, the bijorn and visiting! (Next year, Colin will have to go visit Nannie during this weekend... I don't think having a newly walking toddler around camp would be any fun for me!)
Here is a picture of the kids making smores. You can see that we were really roughing it (it was the type of camping that you drive your car too!). It sometimes looked like we were a daycare on a field trip with all the kids running around.
During this weekend I had many moments when I felt an overwhelming appreciation for how great our lives are (I even got a little teary thinking about it... am I still hormonal??). First and foremost is how awesome my family is... Natalie and Sadie were such great kids and super campers, Nick was the BESTEST dad around and so fun to make this weekend special for the girls and me! Secondly, is how nice it is to have such an awesome group of friends that we can share this fun experience with.
We hope that this annual weekend continues for many years to come...

No comments: