Saturday, August 2, 2008

Race the Train

Today was my 1st adventure back into the running world since baby #3 and it was a success. The run was called, "Race the Train," and it started up in North Creek, NY. All the runners and spectators took a train ride to the starting point at which the runners got off and ran 8.4 miles back to the finish line... while the spectators took the train back to the finish line. I did NOT beat the train, but I did reach my goal of running the entire time. It felt great!
Above is a picture of me and the girls on the train ride to the start of the race.
Here we all are right before the race started.
This is me running and waving to the girls!
Here is me 1hr, 24min and 30 seconds later!
Thanks to my parents and girls for being my cheerleaders today
and thanks to Nick for keeping Colin company while I was tackling this challenge!

No comments: