Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Four Months

Colin is now 4 months old! It is hard to believe that he is 1/3 of a year old now... time just goes by fast. I already have a hard time remembering what he looked like when he was a newbie! Colin now weighs in at 13lbs 14oz and is 25 inches long. He is full of smiles and is giggling. He is sleeping like my daughters never did... usually 11-12 hours at night! He enjoys watching people and checking out his hands. It is funny to watch him play with his hands... it is as if he has discovered the coolest toy around!
On Monday, Colin had an appt with a Developmental Pediatrician as follow up from his NICU stay. Although I knew Colin was doing well and didn't really have any concerns, in the back of my mind I had worries about the impact of low oxygen levels during the first part of his little life. It was a relief to hear that Colin is just doing perfect. He was a superstar with all the tests that they put him through. It was actually very interesting to watch them "test" him and how all the movements and things that he appears to do by random, actually have a purpose and meaning in his development! We were proudly dismissed from their office with no further follow up needed! yeah!
Within the next few weeks, Colin's life is going to change big time. I am back to work on September 2nd. My heart physically aches over the idea of not being with him, but I am grateful that we have been able to be together full time for this long. Here's to another month full of fun, health and happiness!

No comments: