Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh, What a week!

Sadly, Summer is almost over and it feels like we have been so busy over the last week... making it go by faster than it already seems to. I guess we are just trying to fit in all the fun. Last Thursday, we met up with some friends at the Saratoga Race Track for a picnic breakfast. As we were walking in around 7:30 in the morning, the skies were blue and the air had that wonderful Adirondack cool feel and I thought to myself about how lucky we were to be live in such a great place and be able to do such fun things together. Sadly, within about 20 minutes... Natalie was telling me that she was bored and Sadie was more interested in how the tractor cleaned the track than the actual horses. Oh well, maybe another year...
This past weekend, Uncle Chris and his friend, Amanda came up for a visit. Chris loves to go to a place on Lake George called Shelving Rock. It is a gorgeous location that you hike into and swim in beautiful water and there is lots of fun jumping off rocks. My parents took the girls and met up with Chris and Amanda who were there for the day. They had a wonderful time.
Look at my 62 year old mom in the lake swimming with her grand-daughter. What an awesome Nannie!
Then today... Summer fun was made complete, when our friends, the Reynolds, took us out on Lake George for me to water ski. I have only water skied 3 or 4 times, but I absolutely LOVE it. It is such an amazing feeling to get up on those skis and fly through the water. Today was a bit windy and a little chilly, but it was just incredible.
Check me out!

What fun.




No comments: