Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Colin - Tuesday Morning... BIG PROGRESS!

I am so happy to report that Colin has made huge progress over the last 12 hours or so. Around 6pm last night, they took off the CPAP for a trial run and he did great on his own. He still has times of higher respiration's, but those too are mostly within normal limits for a newborn! Most exciting was that I was able to nurse him last night and he did great! They were all impressed that he was able to figure out how to breath and feed at the same time. He got a bottle a couple times during the night (it was just too hard to figure out how to be back and forth every 2-3 hours in the night to feed him and also sleep - I figure that I won't be getting much sleep once he is home!)

This morning when we met with the Drs, all good news continued. They are hoping to take out his umbilical line this afternoon and are even talking about maybe going home tomorrow!! I nursed him again and he continued to be great. The Drs have assured us that once he gets through this completely, that he will be a regular healthy newborn without ongoing complications.

Currently, he has no tubes or equipment on his face! It was the 1st time that I have seen his face without anything attached to it and he is super duper cute. I took some pictures and will upload them once I am at a computer that can do that with.

I am sooooo thankful for the incredible support, love, good wishes and prayers that have come our way. Thank you for thinking of us, Colin and the girls. We so appreciate it.

Hope to be on our way home soon....

5 comments:

Kristin said...

So excited!!

Melony said...

Yeah!!! What great news. We can't wait to meet the little guy. See you soon!!

Melissa said...

Wonderful news!! Cheers to Colin's continuing progress! We're thinking of all of you!!

Unknown said...

Kerry is so right, he is super-duper cute and that is from a totally objective grandmother.
CHEERS and my thanks to you all!

kim said...

Kerry,

Great news!! He sure is handsome. His eyes are so beautiful! I pray you will be home tomorrow as planned. It will probably feel like a dream to you when you do go home. I wish you and your family a happy reunion. Thanks for keeping us all posted on collin's progress. Love, kim