Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sadie learns to ski?

Ever since Natalie has started skiing, Sadie has been anxious to give it a whirl. For her birthday, she received a gift certificate to West Mountain to get a lesson and have some time on the mountain. The Sunday after her birthday, we headed down to West and lucked out by getting a private lesson!

Sadie had a great time... she was outgoing, excited and nothing seem to bother her. She gave great energy and enthusiasm for the sport, but I can't say that she really put her all into her. Sadie's attention span kept her focus in soooo many places, that I don't think that she really had the time to concentrate on actually learning how to ski. Regardless, she had tons of fun (as you can see from the below picture that I took just after her lesson) and was very excited about doing it again.

The very next day, while Natalie was in her lesson, I brought Sadie back to the bunny hill to see if I could help re-enforce what little she did get out of the lesson and hopefully get her up to par to ski with Natalie and me... well, we spend the next hour watching Sadie fall down the mountain. Literally, the only way she got down the bunny hill was by standing up, going about 2 ft, falling... getting up, going about 2 ft, falling... and doing that over and over again, until the last 5 ft of the bunny hill when she would glide down in almost perfect form. It was an exhausting hour for me and was sure that I had totally turned her off from the sport.... but as we were packing up, she says to me... "Mom, I think I am good at that!"

We'll be back... just VERY sure that she needs a few more lesson NOT taught by me!






No comments: