Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Birthday America! Happy 4th of July!

I'm one of those Moms that gets excited about dressing her kids in coordinating outfits! Holidays are always great days for that! Unfortunately, with 3 kids... a good picture is hard to get. This is the best I've got! It kind of looks like Colin is being tortured, which isn't probably too far from the truth!
This was the coldest July 4th that I can remember. We all started the day in sweatshirts and it may have hit 70 degrees in the peak of the day, but for the most part it was a bit cool. The sun would peak out behind clouds and it would feel wonderful, but without the sun, the breeze made it not feel like summer.
We watched the not so impressive parade in downtown Saratoga with our friends, the Yonkins, and then had a trip to the park. We all enjoyed a BBQ at the Yonkins after the festivities. No late night fireworks for us this year. I wonder how old the kids will be before I can figure out how to make that work for us?

Silly girls.

tired boy.

Hijacking the Yonkin's wagon and waiting for the parade.

Nick and the Darth. Colin not so sure about it. Sadie was VERY sure that she did not like these guys!

Family shot after the Firecracker 4 Run in Saratoga.

Rachel and me... the runners of the event!
4 miles. Somewhat of a hard course... a couple of big up and down hills. Nice run through some neighborhoods (I love looking at all the different houses when I am out on a run!). The run felt like it went on forever and I felt like I was practically crawling through it... but ended up with a time I was pleasantly surprised with - 34:20min.
Happy 4th!
Happy start to TRUE summer!








No comments: