Monday, April 19, 2010

I still DO really love my husband...

This blog is long overdue, but time is something I don't have lots of...
In light of our 10 year anniversary coming up, I have been thinking about this a lot. Nick and I have been together for 13 years... that is a LONG time and I, guess I am feeling very fortunate that I still DO REALLY love him. Not only do I love him, but I even like him a lot. I don't say this to be silly or weird, I really do think that we are fortunate in our marriage, that 13 years in, we are still going strong. We are not two peas in a pod, nor are we complete opposites - I guess that is what makes us work. Yes, sometimes I wish his idea of a dream vacation would be to sit on the beach in the sun for hours and hours, or that he would want to go on long hikes and bike rides with me and stroll hand-n-hand down the street, but I guess I have come to a full realization, that we work completely well, having the differences that we do, yet appreciating each other fully. All this mushy love, love stuff came to my attention over our Spring Break. Earlier this month, we had 10 days off from school together and for those 10 days, we spent every moment with each other and our kids. Outside of the trip to NJ and the Bronx Zoo, we really just hung around the house, Nick wasn't busy with a project and I wasn't off and about with the kids... and after those 10 full days together, I realize how much I liked just being with him. I didn't need to be doing anything or part of a big vacation, just laughing with him and parenting with him made me happy. I feel lucky in love!
A couple days after Spring Break was over and I was feeling all warm in the heart, we were playing in the driveway with the kids. Sidewalk chalk was out and Natalie was writing in the driveway all the people she loved....being a copy cater, I wrote down "I love Nick." Well, Nick came up after me, and wrote "I love Kerry," in the other direction. How sweet is that?! He might not wear a wedding ring or buy me flowers every week, but that was about the most romantic thing I think he could have done. Had to take a picture...



No comments: