Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cake Time!

Ok, I wish that these pics had posted in the other order, but you'll get the idea.
Cake time for Colin was on Sunday. It started off with a shaky start as Sadie was still not feeling great, but with a beautiful day... we decided to go ahead with the fun.
Colin seemed pretty oblivious to most of the party and really had no idea what the fuss was all about until Cake Time! As soon as he was in his high chair, he was full of smiles and had a "check me out" attitude. He was a bit confused when the cake was put in front of him with the candle on it. Good thing that he had a couple of sisters to help him out! Then when it came time to eat the cake, again he was confused. He really enjoyed playing with it and getting his fingers all sticky with the icing, but didn't put it in his mouth. I even tried to put some icing on my finger and have him taste it, but he wouldn't open his lips. In time, he figured it out and enjoyed every bit!


My frog cake masterpiece!

Birthday Boy!

Getting turned around in his carseat! Now he can see all of us! However, when he was rear facing, because we have the van and Natalie always sat in the 3rd row, he would love to watch Natalie and she'd do a great job keeping him entertained. I think he'll miss that!
These are the smiles that we are greated to every morning.
BTW - I think he looks a lot like I did when I was a baby in this picture.






1 comment:

Kristin said...

Great cake and super cute baby!