Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What we've been up to...

Life in Giumarra land has been pretty status quo. ..
Days seem to go by so fast and weeks are over before we know it. The last week things at work were so busy for me that I was really struggling with trying to be a good mom, when my days were full of so much craziness that I was coming home later than usual and feeling drained by the time I got home and was with the kids. I learn more about myself all the time. I have learned that I like to be busy at work and I like to feel that what I do is important - I will even complain if I don't feel busy enough, but at the I know that my most important job is the mom that I am at home. Sometimes I just have weeks when I don't feel like I can do both and then get down on myself that I can't be a Super Social Worker and a Super Mom. So... after a good conversation with a friend, I looked at how I can work on making my time at home the best it can be. I can't focus on how hard it is, because that won't change a thing! Focus on the little things and making special times with tiny bits of time. This weekend we had a Game Night with the girls and they loved it... especially Natalie (as long as she was winning!) Then on Sunday, I took the girls to the pool and watched them swim and swim and swim. What fun!
Now we are on vacation for the next FIVE days.
Can't wait for our time at home together!
Happy Thanksgiving.
Big smiles from Colin
Colin's life as a little brother of 2 older sisters.
Check him out playing with the American Girl Doll.

Sadie looking so pretty before she goes to her Thanksgiving Day Celebration at her school

All bundled up together after a tub.

Just a super duper cute baby.




1 comment:

Kristin said...

You are doing a great job! I think you are a supermom! Just take one day at a time and enjoy it!