Friday, June 6, 2008

Real Men Wear Pink!

Yesterday Colin was 7 weeks old and things seem to be going well.

He only has eyes for mom and smiles for me, but he is not yet full of smiles. He seems to be getting closer to a routine and has been doing better at night as well.



I got Colin this pink polo shirt that he wore for the first time yesterday. I think it is super cute and has a little blue bear on it. I think pink looks great on men! Sadie saw him and said, "ewhh, him have pink on him." So, I guess my taste might not be universal in our household!

This week I feel like I have not been appreciating my other children. I feel like I tend to just go through the motions of the day with them (get up, feed them, dress them, off to school, dinner, bath, bed), yet not take the time to really enjoy them. I admire my friends who let their children really be part of their days and really enjoy what they have to offer... like letting their 3 y.o. help make dinner, or spend time playing a board game with their toddler and going out of their way to be silly with their children. I have so many great role models as mothers for friends, that I can learn how to do this better in my own life. So, here is to enjoying the craziness of my children!

No comments: