Saturday, May 17, 2008

1 Month Old...


Today Colin is ONE month old! Here is a picture of him taken this morning while he is being held by one of his biggest fan! Other than having a horrible acne breakout (don't you love hormones!) he is looking and doing great! I am ready to have a more predictable routine with him and am struggling about how to make it happen. I am going to try this week to wake him up in the morning at the same time, so we can start the day at the same time and at least make the days more predictable. We will see how that goes... it will be super hard if the night has been long or if he had recently eaten.

For the most part, he is a good baby. He can have some cranky times... especially in the evening, but overall he has spent the past month eating and sleeping lots.



We continue to feel so blessed by his health. When I look at how perfect he is, I am still in a disbelief that only 4 weeks ago, he was such a sick little baby! Sometimes, I have some hormonal moments, when I feel jipped of what it was "suppose" to be like when he first arrived. I laugh at myself about how planned I had thought his birth would be. I had planned the way the girls would meet him, the way my mom would 1st learn his name, how Nick and the girls would be back and forth from the hospital multiple times a day and I even told people I was looking forward to my 4 days in the hospital because it would be so relaxing!! HA, HA! I can get sad when I think that it didn't play out that way and we don't have any of the "normal" pictures or memories of him in the hospital with me in my room... but in the end it doesn't matter because he is okay.

As for me, I am feeling good. Not as tired as I thought I might be (of course there are days...). I started walking this week and it felt GREAT to be back in action and doing something for my body. Earlier this week, I went to the gym and Colin and I walked the track with him in the carrier. Today, I did a real workout at the gym while Colin was home with Nick and the girls were at babysitting room. It felt so wonderful and I look forward to that becoming part of our regular routine and for when I can start to run again.

That is all for now.
Here is to health, happiness and nights full of sleep!


No comments: