Sunday, July 17, 2011

We Love Summer!

Summer vacation has been pure bliss. Weather has been OUTSTANDING and I am loving the ages of our kids. It has been 9 years since we have had a summer free of diapers, naps, bottles and sippy cups - which makes the flexibility of this summer such an improvement! I have been keeping the kids ultra busy with swimming, playdates and adventures. The above picture was taking on the top of Shelving Rock Mountain on Lake George which we did with Nick's brother and family before we all enjoyed a picnic dinner and swim in the lake. So delightful!

I am nervous that this summer is going to fly by, so I think that is why I am trying to squeeze everything into every day. This weekend is our last "free" weekend before we go back to school, which makes me ultra nervous!! Thankfully, we have lots of fun stuff coming up.... trip to NJ, camping weekend, trip to Maine, Family Reunion, etc... but in a weird way, I don't want to give up my "free" time to do these things. I don't think that even makes sense, but I am just loving living day to day and filling up our days one day at a time. I am sure it will all be good - i just may never want to return to work EVER after this summer!




No comments: