Monday, May 23, 2011

Our Nannie Day!

Like I mentioned in my last post, I claimed mother's day just for me... so we continued the Mother's day celebration the following weekend and had Nannie day!


My children are blessed with an incredible Nannie. She is a constant of love, support, guidance, caring, and much more to them on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I didn't have a close relationship with my Grandparents. However, my children are getting the best of the best now with Nannie. Not only does she provide daycare to them 2 days a week (and on an "on call" basis :) but they feel part of her regular life. They think they have a room at their house and they think they have a dog - it just happens to live at Nannie's house. She is patient, kind, generous and has a young spirit that connect with each one of them in such a special way.


On top of being such a wonderful Nannie... she is also such a special Mom to ME! Always willing to help, always willing to give of herself, yet has been able to be her own person in the midst of it! She tolerates my moodiness that only a daughter can save for her mother. She loves me completely. She is one amazing woman and I am blessed to have her in my life, and feel even more complete with her on our lives.


To celebrate Nannie Day, we tried to give her breakfast in bed. This task was harder than it sounds... seeing that my crew wakes up at an ungodly early hour and she has a dog that we need to pass by and still try and pull off a surprise. We did most of our cooking at home and arrived to her house early in the morning and prepared a tray full of food (and love) and delivered it to her right in bed. The best part about it was that I think Colin ate the whole breakfast... I guess he hasn't learned good manners yet!





No comments: