Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy 9th Birthday Natalie!

Nine years... wow! I didn't realize how old that was until my best friend told me that Natalie has now lived half of the years that she will live at home with us.... 9 more years and she will be 18 and graduating from High School and moving on to independence!
This past year, Natalie has grown up - and in so many ways. Physically, she has gotten taller and her body is starting to look more like a pre-adolescent girl than ever before (which is nerve wracking!) She has faced new academic and social challenges that have come with her being in an inclusion classroom for 3rd grade - and I have been pleasantly surprised how well she has done with this and proud of the hopeful insight that it has given her in her own strengths and blessings. Her personality has stayed strong in the classic "1st born" characteristics. She is bossy of anyone who is willing to take it, she is perfectionist in herself and is her own worst and best critic, she takes such pride in doing her best, she worries for us all, has incredible insight into being a good person and friend. She is so bright and loves learning. She always asks questions that I don't seem to know the answer to and am glad that her dad is a walking encyclopedia and can give her the answers she craves.
As we start down the road of hormones and moodiness, I know that our relationship will have its ups and downs. For now, I will love my little girl who loves to play with dolls and still asks to be put to bed every night by her Dad or I. I will read to hear, I will ask her questions about her day, I will listen and I will always love her.

Happy 9th Birthday!


Natalie got a new bike for her birthday from Nannie and Poppy. This was definitely the highlight of the day. It is a bike with gears and brakes on the handlebars... yet another sign of our girl become grown up!
Nick made Natalie a wooden doll closet for her American Girl doll clothes. It was a copied after a picture of a "wardrobe" done by American Girl that Natalie showed Nick. I love that he can create what we cannot or will not buy! Natalie was so excited!


This was my little surprise for Natalie to find on her walk to the bus!

I love birthdays and am always looking for ways to make the day feel extra special. This birthday didn't go as planned (Sadie was home sick and on top of that, we had an evening meeting at school) but Natalie was so in the moment and enjoyed the day no matter what way it went. Love her for that!







No comments: