Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a New Year... resolutions time!

2011! That seems like such a giant number, but I am sure in just a few weeks it will roll off the tongue and we will be moving forward in this new year, as just as another day.

I am one who does like to make New Years resolutions. Nick has remained consistent for as long as I have known him with the same resolution, "never to make a New Years resolution," but I always like thinking of the "new" start that comes with the start of a new year and new beginnings. I even talk to my students at school about it and this year, got Natalie thinking about resolutions and what we can purposefully try to do to improve our lives with the start of a new year.

This year, I have several new years resolutions... with the first being what brings me to this blog at 8:30pm (a time that I am usually shut down and headed to bed). I have totally abandoned this blog and I miss it! I have loved writing in this blog (even when I have no idea who reads it or even if anyone does) and posting pictures. I love being able to look back at blog entries of the passt and seewhat we were doing or what the kids were up to and remember the funny stories that were important enough to write about at that time. As many would agree, life seems to just fly by with such chaos and I get caught up in the routine of the days and stresses of the moment, that blogging allows (and forces) me to take a minute to self check and live in the moment of the event that I am writing about. I haven't written since last May or June - mostly because of the time commitment and how long it takes to upload pictures (and I LOVE to take pictures, so I like to share them!). Also, with me using facebook so much now, it allows me to "mini" blog in my status updates, but it doesn't do it justice... so this year, as part of my 2011 New Years Resolution, I want to blog on a regular basis. I am not going to set myself up for failure and say that I will write a certain amount of times - i.e. "1xwk" but I will write!

Other resolutions include... running a marathon (??... not sure what that means either - maybe just a really cool race or continuing to enjoy long distance running), using the computer less (there is no need for me to check my gmail or facebook as often as I do), and to finally stop biting my nails. If you are reading this, share with me your New Years resolutions.... who knows, maybe we can keep each other on track!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Love, Mom said...

Perhaps I should piggy back...that would make your marathon trickier, now wouldn't it?! I just mean I need to get back to blogging. I need to exercise. I need to do things I enjoy. I need to laugh more. I need to stop using technology so much. That's a pretty good start! I hope it sticks!