Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Have you missed us?

I knew that I hadn't blog in a long time and I even got a couple of complaints about my lack of blogging, but I didn't realize how out of touch I was until I just logged in and I see that the last blog was about our 1st days of school. Now, with Christmas around the corner, I have got to get myself back into action.
However, the fact that I haven't blogged since the start of school, really speaks to what has been going on with us and my constant inability to keep up with life! Lately, I feel like I am constantly 5 minutes late to everything and have usually forgotten something along the way!

Relatively speaking, the back to school transition has gone very smoothly. Colin loves his Nannie days and Jeannie days. He is so funny... such a man of routine. As soon as I show up to his sitters, he promptly says good bye to each one of his friends and grabs his shoes. He doesn't even let me visit with Jeannie to see how his day went. He knows that I show up, and then we leave! At his sitters house this year, there are 4 kids... all within about 6 months of each other, with Colin being the oldest. It will be fun to watch these 4 grow up together, start Kindergarten together, always having these days at Jeanne's as a special bond.
Sadie is doing remarkably well in her new preschool. She loves going and thinks that she is just hot stuff that she is now in school. Looking back at when Natalie was Sadie's age, I always thought that Natalie was just more into schoolwork than Sadie ever was... well the truth has come out.... Sadie is just as into it as Natalie, but with Sadie being our 2nd child, we didn't take the same time with her that we did with Natalie. Now that she is in school and learning all sorts of school stuff, she is like a sponge. She is literally sounding out words, starting to read easy words and wanting to now how to spell everything!! On top of that, her teacher taught Sadie (and her 5 classmates) how to tie their shoes within the first 3 weeks of school!
Natalie is loving 2nd grade. It was hard to move on from such an awesome 1st grade and perfect teacher, but Natalie has adjusted well. Her recent report card was gleaming and made us so proud. I loved the part of the report card where the teacher writes in their own comments... truly makes the whole report!! So for all you teachers out there, please keep writing individual comments on all your kids, us mom's, we love it! On top of school, Natalie is still doing gymnastics and brownies and has started Jazz class!

I am surviving and finding my routine. It has been crazy... like one week just melts away and blends into the next week. I can't even believe it! I truly am so thankful that I have a husband who will cook dinner, does clean and a true partner in this chaos we call home! I have found my sanity in early morning workouts at the Y and really liking it. For all those that know me, know that I like to exercise and it is really the only alone time that I give myself. But, with the busy schedule of work, kids and household stuff (plus the occasionally need to be lazy) if I don't do my workouts in the early mornings, they don't happen. Last school year, I spent most mornings wishing I had gotten up and getting mad at myself for not getting up. This year, I have just done it... and three full months into it... I think I now say, that it is just my routine. I am up and at the Y every school day by 5am. I have even found an early morning running partner, so I am still able to run outside 1xweek. It is so good for me. Now, if I could stop eating ice cream every night, I might actually lose weight!

Nick has been super dad and super husband. Without a big household project going, he seems to be around a lot more. I know that he is missing his hobby, but there is really nothing left to do on this house (at least not for a while...), but I am loving having him around more. I didn't realize how much time those darn projects sucked up his time. The new room is 100% done and is killer amazing. My most favorite part is the expanded mudroom... so awesome... a mother of 3's dream. Cubbies for us all and lots of places to store all those papers that come home from school!!

So.. there is the update. I can't possibly post all the pictures I want to share since I last posted pictures, but I will do a couple of my favorites. I promise to be a better blogger - although looking at my track record since I have been back to work and school... you might not want to check back for another couple months!!

Happy December!

No comments: