Saturday, January 17, 2009

Colin is 9 months old!

Our baby is 9 months old. I see this "birthday" as kind of a milestone... in that he has officially been outside of me for longer than we knew about him on the inside. It has been so fabulous getting to know him and figure out what a family of 5 feels like to us. He continues to be a very laid back baby. Just in the past week or so, he has figured out that he has a voice and wants to be heard. He is starting to talk more and more... lots of da,da,da and ba, ba,ba kind of stuff. Nick is trying to tell me that he is saying Daddy - I don't buy that, but it sure is fun to hear him talk. He is not anywhere close to crawling... he still just sits, although he is trying to scoot from that position. He gets himself rocking, but doesn't go anywhere. This past month has a been a big month for teeth... 4 new teeth this month, making the total 8. All my kids had 8 teeth at 8 months, I didn't think Colin was going to make that... but then last week he got 4 all in one week! What a trooper...
Unfortunately, he just got his 1st illness. The poor guy has been dealing with a horrible cold and ear infection. It has been a couple pretty miserable days for him. So out of character for him, but we are feeling blessed that he has been able to hold onto his health for this long!
This picture shows the life of a baby boy with 2 older sisters. Like the earrings?
This month, Colin, had his 1st bath where he sat on his own. He absolutely loves baths and sitting on his own was lots of fun. Usually, he shares bath time with a sister or two... so he is still usually in his seat (for safety), but this one bath was all for him!

Sadly for me, this month Colin has decided that his daddy is his favorite person. I thought I was going to be his favorite person forever. However, it is pretty cute to see how excited he is when Nick is around and it makes me laugh when Colin cries when Nick walks away from him. I think Nick is loving it!
Here's to another wonderful and adventurous month of watching our baby grow!



No comments: