Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Once again, Opinion's Needed!

So this worked out well for me last time, I thought that I would try it again and see what opinions were given. Below are some pictures of the new fireplace. I'll just take a sentence or two to brag about my incredible husband. Check out the mantle that he has created out of scratch. He started with nice oak wood pieces and created this really, really beautiful mantle. I am so very impressed. Anyway, we are now talking about staining it... Here are some of the thoughts:
1. a clear polyurethane.
2. a stain to match the stain on the top beam (it is in the top 2 pictures... a dark, redish color).
3. a antique looking white stain... so you can still see the grain in the wood.
4. a high gloss white paint like the trim of the window.
Let us know what you think!
All opinions accepted.







2 comments:

Kristin said...

I am not good at this at all, but I think the antique white stain.

Anonymous said...

Nick IS a handy fellow- tell him he did beautiful work! I would go with the reddish stain to tie the ceiling beam in. And when he's done at your house, we'd like to request him at ours!